Saturday, June 14, 2008

Katrina's Wedding

Katrina is one of the sweetest brides that I have met to date. Several months ago, she had to start her wedding planning over again, due to the venue she had booked for everything (cakes, reception food, flowers, etc) went bankrupt overnight. Without contacting their clients, the owners simply snuck off, and dozens of brides in the area were left without wedding plans, and were also out their money! Katrina told me her story over the phone, and later that same night, the local news broadcasted the story as well. That venue's loss was certainly my gain, since I was able to work with Katrina and make a lovely cake.
The wedding cake was a repeat, but done in Katrina's colors of pale green and dark pink. Instead of royal icing, I piped the scroll work in tempered chocolate, which was tinted dark pink with oil food colorings. The monogram on the top was from gumpaste, and the bottom of the tiers were wrapped with a satin ribbon.
The Groom's cake was made for an ex Marine. He wanted the Marine Corps symbol on the cake, along with some piping in chocolate. The Marine Corps emblem is an edible image. I have never worked with this technique before, but it turned out great. I then piped swags and beads around the outside of the cake. To finish it off, I surrounded the cake with 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you purchase this?

Heather said...

Wow, poor bride! But her cake is beautiful. I love the colors. And the chocolate covered strawberries around the bottom are perfect! Such a great cake!

© Butterfly Sweets. Powered by