Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nathaniel's First Birthday

This weekend I made a cake for a little boy named Nathaniel, which is near and dear to my heart, because my own son's name is Nathaniel! It is not a name I come across too terribly often, and I also thought it was neat because both boys were born in October.
My client Jennifer and I shared a few "My Nathaniel" stories, and I can honestly say that she was a delight to work with!
So Jennifer's Nathaniel really loves puppies. His mom said that whenever he sees them that he can't help but laugh. She ordered a cake that was inspired by Pink Cake Box (who else?), but later added on a couple of little puppies on the top.
It was also really important to her husband that the name Nathaniel was on there, so I ended up doing the cutout letters at the bottom, to make sure that it was front and center.
It ended up being a pretty cute cake, and I really hope that everyone enjoyed it.

Doing a cake for Nathaniel's first birthday made me all nostalgic, so I had to post a photo of My Nathaniel's first birthday. This was 4 (!) years ago, before I was even thinking about making cakes. I remember staying up late slaving over this funny thing-it was a cake mix (gasp!) and even worse, canned frosting (OMG) that I tinted bright blue and then put the little sugar space ships on. We still lived in our 3 level apartment, and had it filled with family. That is in my top five favorite days ever.
Now Nathaniel's 5th birthday is coming up in 2 weeks, and he wants a Spiderman Party. Can't wait!

No comments:

© Butterfly Sweets. Powered by