Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Proud Mommy! (And A Tae Kwon Do Cake)

Since there was a cake involved, I can officially post this.  My 5 year old son had a big night tonight-testing for his orange belt in Tae Kwon Do as well as his preschool graduation ceremony.  I am always looking for a reason to have a house full of people, so thought it would be a perfect excuse for a party.  And more importantly, a cake!
The graduation cap is all fondant, but the top is fondant mixed with Tylose.  The tassel was made by running some fondant through a pasta  shredder.
Everything else is pretty standard stuff-all fondant.  I used an impression mat on the orange belt fondant to replicate the fabric pattern on his belt.  Also, I had to put wired stars on the cake, but had a fun time making the wires spiraled.  
I also made my little boy's likeness in fondant, which he had a fun time devouring.
Nate had a great party and a full house full of family.  Congratulations on all your accomplishments Nate!  We love you! 

1 comment:

Anne said...

Your work is just beautiful!

http://simplysweeter.blogspot.com

© Butterfly Sweets. Powered by