Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sparkly Cake

I have been wanting to make something a bit over the top for a while now. I make lots and lots of birthday cakes, but wanted to design a decadent, fantasy type of all white wedding cake. My cakes so far usually have a fair amount of color to them, and also tend to be very whimsical, so I wanted something purely white, elegant, and totally different.

While perusing the Internet, I can across a photo the Elisa Strauss of Confetti Cakes did for Swarovski a few years ago. It is a photo of a piece of cake absolutely covered in crystals, but it was also absolutely inedible.

After thinking about it, I decided to add my own crystals to the cake, but in a much smaller dose, just to give it a bit of glamour. I also added Super Pearl Dust to all the sugar bows, for a glittery glow when hit by low candle light. Not quite a Swarovski covered indulgence, but close!
The photo below is Elisa Strauss's gorgeous creation, and my inspiration.

No comments:

© Butterfly Sweets. Powered by