Friday, October 24, 2008

Nate's 5th Birthday

Last week was my son, Nate's, 5th birthday! Since birthday parties are all consuming events, it was the only cake that I made that week.
I am so sad to not get a photo of this cake before it got damaged! After loading up the car with Nate's cake, presents, party drinks and snacks, I totally left my camera memory card at home. By the time I got a hold of a camera, the sun had melted one of the chocolate towers. Shoot!
Anyway, this was meant to be a Spiderman 3 cake, with a city scape. The buildings and cars were chocolate transfers. I got the idea from the Whimsical Bakehouse, and also from some cakes on Flickr.
In additional, I piped on some spiderwebs on the top tier with royal icing.
Despite me only being able to see its flaws, Nate loved it, and had a great birthday. He wanted to do it at the "Pirate Park" again. which was where we had it the year before, too. We ate cake, led the kids on a treasure hunt (a treasure chest filled with candy) and had a great time!It's hard to believe he is already 5! Happy Birthday Nate!!! We love you!

No comments:

© Butterfly Sweets. Powered by